Hutton Pair of 1893 English Sterling Silver Candlesticks in Neoclassical Style
Edward Hutton pair of sterling silver candlesticks from 1893 in Neoclassical style from the Victorian era. Elegantly designed as Corinthia columns standing on a square base with a beaded rim, these candlesticks measure 12'' in height by 4 1/2'' in depth, are weighted, and bear hallmarks as shown.
William Hutton & Sons was established in 1800 when William Hutton established his silverware firm in Birmingham, which later moved to Sheffield in 1832. In 1863, two years before William Carr Hutton. William Hutton's son died, a showroom in London was opened. It was in 1893 that the business acquired Rupert Favell & Co, a manufacturer silversmith based in London. In 1902 William Hutton & Sons Ltd acquired Creswick & Co, a silverware manufacturer based in Sheffield. In 1930, William Hutton & Sons Ltd was then absorbed by James Dixons & Sons. James Dixon had been founded in 1806. The firm exhibited at the Great Exhibition in 1851, being awarded several prizes in different classes for silver and Britannia metal.
Please feel free to ask us any questions, and please see our other listings. We hand polish all items before shipping them out, but if there is interest for a professional polishing and/or engraving removal, we can take care of that for an additional charge and with delayed shipping.